Monday, June 13, 2011

Good Morning, Vietnam

It's been ridiculously long since I updated this blog. Here's what's been going on:

- Late April I finished up my Hindi classes.
- I went to Nepal for three weeks to trek to Everest Base Camp (no, I did not climb the mountain, despite what some of you keep saying cough Jhanvi cough) in the Khumbu and hang out with Molly.
- I traveled around Ladakh for a week.
- I traveled around the tribal states of Nagaland, Manipur, and Mizoram in Northeast India for two weeks.
- I spent this past weekend in Delhi and got to hang out with Harsh, Alice, and Maria, who I hadn't seen in a whole year!
- This morning I landed in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam, and tonight my brother Ben is arriving and we'll be traveling around Vietnam and the Philippines. And I'm super excited!

I have lots of stories from the last 6 weeks of traveling, and I really regret not posting them before, because now of course there's too much to post and I forget what I wanted to say. Sooo yeah, sorry.

I should probably post pictures, but alas I unloaded my memory cards on my laptop and don't have them with me in Vietnam. However, I did send a few photos to my parents and I still have them in gmail, so here they are:

view of the Everest Range, with Ama Dablam in the middle, and the Khumbu Glacier from near the summit of Kala Patthar (18,500 feet)

Mt. Everest is the dark peak in the middle. The pretty peak on the right and closer is Nuptse.

So I guess the entire point of this blog post is to tell you that I am not dead (yet).

PS: FYI, Facebook is apparently blocked in Vietnam. So if you want to get in touch with me, Facebook is really not the way right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment