Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Post-India plans: set.

As sad as it is, I will have to leave India in August. Thinking of that day pains me, but at least now I have something very exciting to look forward to upon my return to the States:

I'll be pursuing a masters in mechanical engineering at MIT!!!

Here are my top 5 reactions to the news of my acceptance:

5. Mom: "My baby is coming back to the east coast!" (Implied: "my baby is coming home for Rosh Hoshanah!")

4. Brother Ben: "Welcome back to civilization!"

3. Someone, blanking on who: "You're going to die. (pause) ...in the snow, I mean."

2. Vijay the Dukanwallah (who is fluent in English): "MIT? Is that Massachusetts Institute of Technology? Which state is that in?"

1. Coworker: "Where...? Oh, N-IT." (NIT = National Institute of Technology, the second-tier Indian science and engineering university system [IIT being the first tier system].)

See you in Boston! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment