Thursday, October 15, 2009

Gwalior

Ok, this is going to be a short post because I'm feeling lazy and there isn't that much to say. I went to a fort and walked around Old Town. The fort was cool because it was on a big rocky hill above the town, so there are great views of the entire town from the fort. And, since it was above the town, I could breathe (almost) fresh air up there!! On the walk up to the fort, you pass some interesting Jain carvings. The palace inside the fort has yellow rubber duckies painted on the side, so that was pretty funny. Most of the buildings have a spooky abandoned-warehouse feel. There were even bats! A lot of local Gwalior residents utilize the fort as a park. I talked to a few high school students who say they go up there every weekend to hang out and climb all over the abandoned buildings.

Though there wasn't much to see in Old Town, I enjoyed walking around. For some reason it reminded me of all the reasons I love India, so that made me really happy.

If you want to see pictures of Gwalior, go to my Picasa page: http://picasaweb.google.com/egorbaty/Gwalior#

No comments:

Post a Comment